Thursday, December 23, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Breakfast ~ Day 9 ~ Crisp and Fluffy Waffles

Oh, waffles.  If you have been around me for even the slightest of moments over this last year, you know how I love waffles.  Specifically yeast waffles...at Blueberry Hills.  Oh, stop.  I must not get started on that again.  I have not attempted to make those yeast waffles at home.  I want to just leave it be, leave it special.  Even if I could replicate it, things like that are always better when someone else makes it and serves it to you.  And when you are in vacation mode.

But some other waffles have a very dear place in my heart.  My grandma made the best waffles when I was a kid.  It was always a special treat growing up, to be at grandma's house and have waffles in the morning.  They packed an extra punch when you ladled on a huge helping of strawberries that had been grown on her farm.  Oh, yum.  I have so many fond memories of my grandma cooking those waffles in her farmhouse kitchen.  I don't have her recipe, but this one that I found on Tasty Kitchen today sounds very familiar.  I do remember grandma whipping egg whites to fold in to the batter.  So I am going to give these a try soon and see if it tastes familiar.  Either way, I think these look so very good!

And I love that I can copy, paste, post a recipe and be done!

(And by the way, the caffeine effect lasted until about 1:00 am, in case you are wondering. But the headache is gone!  I did a hard workout this morning and still feel good!!)

Without any further ramblings, here is the waffle recipe:

Nancy's Mom's Light & Crisp Waffles

yeah, that looks good!

1 comment:

  1. When I have the time, I love making egg white fluffed waffles. Always crispy, but eat them fast. They make a soggy left over!

    ReplyDelete