Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ~ Scotcheroos

I had every intention of putting a meatball recipe on here today.  But I've spent a good chunk of my afternoon daydreaming about Scotcheroos.  I'm not entirely sure why, it's been quite awhile since I've eaten these.  I just may have to do something about that.  Soon. 

This is, essentially, a dressed-up Rice Krispie Treat.  Believe me, I love a plain 'ole Rice Krispie Treat.  Especially because they are Brad's signature dessert.  Let's be honest, shall we?  It's the only dessert Brad makes.  And he makes 'em fierce.  He has a couple "secrets" that make me grin, but it wouldn't be fair to divulge that without his permission.  And he always leaves a bunch of the mix stuck on the side of the bowl and lets me eat that with a spoon.  If that doesn't shout from the rooftops how much he loves me, I don't know what would.

Anyway, these are a super rich, extra yummy, chocolate coated way to get your snap, crackle and pop...


Scotcheroos

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup light Karo Syrup
~in a large saucepan, melt together over medium heat.  remove from heat and stir in:
6 cups Rice Krispies
~press evenly into a lightly buttered 9x13 pan. 

In a microwave, melt together:
12 oz. chocolate chips
12 oz. butterscotch chips
~stir until smooth, then pour over top of cereal mixture.  spread evenly.

Let cool until chocolate is set.  If you make it that long, you have a self-control rating of "Superior".  I do not.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, you know that precious friend Tracie that we were saying we missed? She gave this recipe to me years ago...when I see it I think of her, is this a sign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you love food! You tell such great stories with food being the main event!
    Love ya Bigger than the Sky!
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now, that would satisfy the carb craving nicely. Excuse me while I run to the store.

    ReplyDelete