Monday, January 17, 2011

Multitudes on Mondays ~ A HodgePodge of Thankfulness

Here is this little brief window in my day...a "day off", which really means a day off of the regular routine and a day ON with all kinds of busyness.  Before I go into all that, if you have never listened to Dr. King's last speech...you must do a search and listen to it.  It is so powerful.  Not knowing what his tomorrow would look like, he gave this speech.  Excerpts of it were read at an assembly our school had last week, and it is amazing.  Chilling.  And a good way to remember why we have this day off.

And so it goes, that my day on is filled with all things mothering:  cooking, taxi driving, social activity arranging, laundry, more taxi driving, more social activity arranging...and I love it.  I love that my kids have things to do and people to see.  I love their friends.  If their own parents weren't so fond of them, I'd move them all in here.  Wait...scratch that.  I just had a flash in my mind of the laundry that would create.  And the cooking that would require.  Thank you, Lord, for my three.  And for friends that come into our home.  To visit.

This week has been a roller coaster of emotion.  Tough news followed by encouraging news followed by good news and then followed by more tough news.  And in it all, there is the strong, steadfast belief that our God is still in control.  He's still providing.  He's still administering mercy and peace.  He's still ministering to those that have completely fallen into His arms, for they have nothing else to depend on.  And we keep praying that His will be done, in all those affected.  And we trust.

So, with all that, lots of opportunities have been presented to notice all the "little" things.  Remember to "Appreciate the little things, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."



Continuing on with my 1000 gifts:

96.  The sound of heavy, drenching rain.  From inside a warm house.
97.  Sleeping in.
98.  My children's sweet friends.
99.  Forgiveness.
100.  Handwritten notes.
101.  Stick-people drawings.
102.  Piano music.
103.  Watching a cat clean its face.
104.  Reading the Sunday paper ads.
105.  Food experiments.
106.  Cold water.
107.  Quesadillas.
108.  Peanut butter Snickers.  Have you TRIED these???  Yum.
109.  My husbands laugh.
110.  Watching clouds move across the sky.
111.  Books.
112.  The ability to read!
113.  Testimonies that encourage me.
114.  The peace of knowing that I can give without expecting to receive.
115.  Listening to my son practice for a concert...and the anticipation of knowing I get to hear him play Amazing Grace.  Truly a sweet sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment