Friday, January 28, 2011

The Picutures You've Been Waiting To See

Happy Friday!  I am so very glad it is Friday.  Lots of simple things make me happy about Fridays.  The latest?  Now that I'm doing this silly half-marathon training, Friday is a "recovery day", which means no run today!  (Now, tomorrow is a different story.  Saturdays will take on a new meaning for me for the next 4 months.  I shouldn't have counted up how long.  Bummer.)

I'm going back to the list format for today, because I have some cookie dough in the fridge that needs to turn into real cookies before I leave for work.  Seemed like a good day for cookies at work.  And they won't bake themselves, so here we go:

1.  One day this week, Brenna came home late from school, frustrated with how long it took the bus to get her home.  Brenna doesn't express frustration too easily, so it's always entertaining when she does.  Her story?

First the bus was late getting to school.  Then it was a sub who took a wrong turn and had to turn the bus around.  Then they sat in the construction mess.  Then by the time she got off her stop, she was stuck behind the mail truck.  If you know Brenna, this makes total sense.  I asked her why she didn't just walk around it, and she looked at me with exasperation and said, "Well, then I would be in its way when it pulled up to the next mailbox!"  So very Brenna.  Then the neighbor girl wanted Brenna to watch her open a package she got in the mail, then the next neighbor stopped her to ask her about her day...it just went on and on. 


2.  The reason for my computer woes?



3.  The reason for my computer "I no longer need to resist the urge to swing a sledge hammer" happiness?



I have no idea if  this is showing it right-side-up or sideways or what.  All I know, and all I care to know, is that when I ask this thing to do something, it practically jumps up and asks me if it can get me anything else.  It really is fast about what it does.  I won't even pretend to know anything about those wires and things, but Brad is quite happy with it.

4.  Today my husband is being my proxy in a silent auction that just may, if it all goes the right way, make me jump up and down and clap my hands and start singing Christmas songs.  But I need to reserve any more statements in hopes of writing a post unto itself about this bounty.  And plus, I tried to type what he was bidding on and it just came out all wrong.  It needs to not do that.

5.  A book I have been waaaiiiittttiiinnnnnggggg for, with great impatience, is finally out!  It has been available for my reader for awhile, but I decided to wait until I can get my hands on the real thing.  Because this book is going to be a treasure that I will want to keep in my hands.  Another post coming on that, I'm sure.  I'm going to buy it this evening.  And devour it this weekend.

6.  Loaded on my reader right now?  The newest Jan Karon book about Father Tim's trip to Ireland with Cynthia.  It is a peacefully happy book to read.  But I miss Dooley.  I'm hoping they make their way back home to Mitford before the end of the book so I can catch up with all these people again.

7.  We finally received some exciting news in the area of health insurance.  Instead of the trend of the last few years, we found that my plan at work is going to save us an extreme amount of money.  Extreme.  So thankful.

8.  This week I learned how to say hello in the native Navajo language.  I'd share it, but I didn't retain it enough to use it in conversation.  Or in a blog.  Or anywhere.

9.  I am all out of time, and tremendously distracted by the smell of the cookies in the ove.  I've gotta go sample and make sure they are fit to serve to other people.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to hear updates on much of these things, particularly the silent auction!

    (... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I go...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some of those hot yummy cookies! I wished I lived closer!
    Me

    ReplyDelete