Thursday, August 4, 2011

Have I Lost That Bloggy Feelin'??

Everything is a song to me right now.  Even the title of this post.  "Whoa, that bloggy feelin'. Bring back that bloggy feelin'..."  Everything is a song because I'm in that crazy bubble of time right now...ordering cheer uniforms (done! "stayin' alive, stayin' alive. whoa whoa whoa whoa, stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiive"); collecting and assembling frustrating amounts of paperwork ("working 9-5, what a way to make a living..."); and finally, this week, starting cheer practices!  And the music connection?  Because I listen to a crazy, crazy amount of random music trying to find the right song for their dance this year.  I listen to the music all around me, trying to find one that strikes me for a dance.  Cuz I also have to choreograph this dance.  And that's just not my thing.  But I make it my thing.  And the song is.....

Stray Cats "Rock This Town".  It'll be fun.  I have 20 girls this year.  It'll be fun.  Three nights a week for two hours at a pop.  It'll be fun.  I promise.  (I'm talking to myself.)

These girls are truly so sweet. They have been patient with me this week.  We slammed out 22 cheers in our first three practices.  Uh-huh.  Love them.

So, in an effort to get songs out of my head and get back my bloggy feelin' ("whoa, that bloggy feelin'"), I thought I would post some more interesting pictures that I would miss out on if I deleted things from my camera.  They probably don't need much explanation.


When a 10-year old takes pictures of her dog:



When a hungry 16-year old makes pancakes:



When a curious cat climbs in the dryer:



When a mom finds it interesting that girls 3 years apart can share shoes:




When a 16-year old boy buys his momma some truffles as a gift when he's away at Silverwood, and that bag sits in the hot sun:

(The bag says, "Dear Mom, It's the thought that counts. Love, Alex")


And, yes, I still ate those truffles.

Okay, it feels so good to be back.  Maybe I'll even get around to finishing our vacation pictures soon.

1 comment: