Friday, August 19, 2011

Five Question Friday

I totally intended to do these Five Questions Fridays, and then Fridays seemed to blur into Tuesdays and here we are.  But these are always fun for me to read, and it's good right now to force my mind to think of questions other than those being asked by 10-year olds. So if you can handle the intellectual depth, hang on and forge ahead:


1.  Do you close the bathroom door when you are home alone?

Well now.  First of all, this question made me think how very rarely I am home alone. But when I am, uh...that would be a no. I'll leave it at that.

2.  You have to walk around with a word on your forehead. That word describes you. One word. What is it?

Oh, geez. This kind of question always stumps me. I think too much about it, go too many different directions. Because really, I always feel a need to explain something. And then there is the confusion of what I'd want it to be yet know I don't hang on to that all the time, though I try. Hmm. But I guess if I had to choose just one, I would say this:

Loved

I know I'm loved by my God, my family, and my friends. And because I know deeply and certainly that I'm loved, I can be confident, content, compassionate, secure, peaceful, joyful. And all those things join up to define me. In a nutshell, though, it's all there because I know I'm loved.  All the negative words that are so quick to jump to the front of the line? I'm seasoned enough to know those don't define me.  See, I told you I'd think too deeply.

3.  What store do you refuse to shop at and why?

No trouble with this one. You probably know the one.  Lights so dim you think you look good, music so loud you can't hear the person you are with tell you it's not looking so good, cologne so strong your brain starts to get fuzzy, and pictures all advertising things that have nothing to do with clothes. Can't go in there.  Won't.

4.  If you participated in arranged marriages for you children, who would you choose for your children?

Oh, man.  I began looking for perfect matches all the way back in our little Mommy and Me group.  All the moms would talk about it, evaluating these chubby little toddlers as matches for our own. Sweet days.  Now?  Oh, dear.  For my son, I want someone who is passionately, wildly crazy about him, even after she gets to know him.  I don't know anyone I would choose for him yet.  For my girls?  I know a certain cowboy-in-the-making that would be the sweetest match for my oldest daughter.  From toddlerhood, this pair has caught our eye. It makes me grin to think about it.  But again, I want someone for her that is crazy for her and treats her the way she was created to be treated. Now, my lastborn? Definitely haven't met him yet. This is going to have to be a man that is up for adventure and loves to laugh.  And he better hold that girl's heart with great strength and gentleness. And this question is much different to ponder when you have teens that when you have toddlers.  For sure.

5.  If you could pick how and when you die, would you?

Oh, man, for a girl that loves to plan and be organized, this tempts me. But I also know there is a good reason that we go through life with that mystery.  But since we are talking IF, I would choose to be old, grey, and wrinkled, sitting on a porch swing holding my man's hand, then hear a trumpet sound and be walking in Paradise.  Perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. awesome, I think I will pop over and do this same thing! Of course, I LOVE your 4th answer....I think this whole arranged marriage thing works especially when two mother's are in agreeance about the same thing (wink, wink)

    ReplyDelete