Sunday, March 28, 2010

If You Don't Like the Weather, Wait 5 Minutes and It Will Change

And, if you didn't like my choice (CONNIE!!) to not make those Reese's Egg cookies, you'll be glad to know that my mind can change just like our fluctuating weather.  Yep, I changed my mind, took a risk, and made those cookies.  Here's how it went down:

Yesterday was a busy day, full of one event to the next.  While sitting in church last night, I heard Brad's stomach growl.  Mine was doing the same thing.  I sat there with a divinely-inspired craving for eating breakfast for dinner.  I just could envision a hot stack of pancakes with butter and enough syrup to dip each bit in individually.  And a tall glass of milk.  So as soon as we got in the door from church, I pulled out the griddle and made some pancakes.  It was 7:00 by the time we ate, and I still had not had a chance to run.  So, as soon as I swallowed down my last bite, I changed my clothes and got on the treadmill.  Yeah, I know.  Never a good idea to eat something that sits like a brick in your tummy and then run.  Picture Michael Scott and his carbo-loading carton of Fettuccine Alfredo.  Well, fortunately I did not go the way of Michael.  I pounded my way through an uncomfortable 4 miles, thinking the entire time of those doggone cookies.  To me, that was a sign I just had to make those things and let it go.  If I can eat something as filling as pancakes and then run and STILL be thinking of them...something had to be done.

As all signs were pointing towards a Saturday night trip to Target for Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, Brenna came up to her sweaty mother and informed me that it is Spirit Week at school, and she needed to wear something yellow one of the days but didn't own anything yellow.  "Well, what would you think about a yellow t-shirt from Target??"  She told me that would work fine, but she didn't need it until Friday.  I told her there was no reason to put off anything until the last minute, so let me change my clothes and we'll go to Target!  Yeah, pretty gross.  Pretty desperate.  My face was still flaming red, my hair was plastered to my neck with sweat...but I figured there couldn't be that big of a crowd on a Saturday night, so why not?! 

45 minutes later we were back home with 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and a yellow t-shirt.  I pulled out the 'ole Kitchen-Aid mixer and away I went!



The verdict????

I'd rather eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg.





On a totally separate, completely serious note:

Today is my sweet Grandma's first birthday in heaven.  I hope my mom threw her a great party.  I hope it involves some great food and some great laughs and lots of love.  And I miss her very much today.  And always.

No comments:

Post a Comment