Monday, March 15, 2010

CCC #4 ~ Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

So today brings us to the end of chocolate chip cookie week.  I have a couple other recipes I would like to try, but they will have to wait.  But that will work to build my anticipation and I always enjoy that, so all is not lost.

Today's recipe has the fun little twist of added pretzels.  This was a new one for me, but I was intrigued by it.  I love chocolate-covered pretzels, and I love salty & sweet together.  (Next time you go to the movies, bring in a bag of Peanut M&M's to go with the popcorn.  It's oh-so-good!)  Anyway, this cookie turned out to be quite good.  The salty kick comes in very small waves, but it's in there.  I think if I had to do this over again, I would try it with dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet.  Not sure why, other than it just sounds good to me!  This dough also turned out quite soft, so I stuck mine in the refrigerator for a couple hours before I baked the cookies.  I could have softened the butter too much or something, and if I did I blame it on this ridiculous time change that has my internal clock all messed up!



Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 TBSP molasses
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups salted thin pretzel sticks, crushed
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Beat together butter, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and baking soda, mix well.  Add eggs and beat together.  Mix in pretzels.  Add flour gradually and mix until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.  Cool 2 minutes on pan and then transfer to cooling racks.

Goodbye for now, chocolate chip cookie week.  You've been good to me!

1 comment:

  1. Leanne, I just wrote this one down. Yummy, chocholate and salt together. I love it.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete