Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Menu ~ Ranch Chicken Skillet Dinner

I'm squeaking in under the wire tonight for my Monday Menu!  I am determined to at least try to stay on track.

Please don't judge this recipe based on this picture.  It is much yummier than it looks!  I found this recipe and tweaked it a bit to fit my family.  I probably will use less peas next time (I haven't looked at a can of combined peas and carrots since I went to the grocery store with my Grandpa sometime around 1980!)  This would also be great with some asparagus instead of peas...I'm going to try that next time.

This has a real "comfort food" feel to it, give it a try!



Ranch Chicken Skillet Dinner

2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet Ranch Dressing dry mix, divided
1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
6 Cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
1 small can diced carrots and peas, drained
2 Cups steamed long grain brown rice
1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with parsley
1/2 Cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken breasts into small baking dish and sprinkle half of the ranch packet over the chicken. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.


Heat oil in large skillet with high rimmed edges over medium heat. Saute onion, bell pepper, garlic and spinach until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in can of carrots and peas then stir in cooked rice, season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.

Dice each chicken breast into small cubes and add into rice mixture. Sprinkle remaining ranch seasoning mix and cheese into rice. Reduce heat to low; taste and season as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment