Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Menu

Today is a special day. I am going to post my very, very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I discovered it awhile ago, after becoming a bit bored of the same old recipe I had been using for a long time. This new recipe is SO good. I am loving it for many reasons...it's fun to make, requires some delayed gratification, tastes oh-so-good, and they even taste great the next day, which has always been an issue for me. Love fresh cookies, but day-olds always disappoint. Not with these. I kid you not, my mouth is watering right now just describing them. Mmm.

This is a recipe that I think the little things matter in following the recipe. I'm one who usually takes short-cuts, but I follow this one exactly as written. So worth it!


My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 cup unsalted butter
2-1/4 cups bread flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1-1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 TBSP milk
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Melt butter. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream with mixer on medium speed. Add egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture until thoroughly combined. Do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours. (Dough should be very hard.) Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop dough onto sheets, 6 or 8 per sheet only. (Too many on the sheet for this recipe and the heat won't circulate well enough around them to bake evenly. I tried.)

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheets for 2-3 minutes, then remove onto wire racks. Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.

Would you not like to just reach right through the screen and grab one??! Or is it just me??

3 comments:

  1. Those sound great right about now. It's probably good I can't reach through the monitor or I would eat the entire plate! Can you bring the dough, already made, to Lake Entiat? Fresh cookies on vacation.... mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can personally say that these cookies are AWESOME! I too am salivating just thinking about sinking my teeth into one. Oh Leanne you spoil me so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Are these the ones that you made when we came for the sleepover? If so, these are the best cookies ever!

    ReplyDelete