Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello, Old Friend...

Yep, it's time to be friends again. I just can't take it anymore, being away for so long. I thought I could live quite comfortably without you. I thought I could accept you just the way you are, in your new role as a hanger for drying clothes. But I just can't. The last 3 months have been a bitter-sweet parting. I've now crossed over to totally bitter. So it's time for some sweetness back in our relationship. You have to share me with Bob, a new friend. These last 3 days, I've spent time with Bob and then time with you. You have been very welcoming, and I appreciate that. But something funny has happened since we last were together. The timer and distance reader on your proud chest seems to have slowed considerably. I do think you are now counting 2 seconds for every one real second. Maybe you'll get better at that the more time I'm with you. But I would appreciate it if you would pick up the pace of ticking off seconds. Trust me, I'm counting the seconds. And when I look down and see you telling me I've only gone half a mile, when I know it's been....like 18 or something, I do feel a bit of bitterness cropping back up. But you hang in there with me, and I'll hang in there with you. All things considered, though we have a love/hate relationship, it's good to see you, my friend!

And hello, also, to my spiffy new running shoes! Here the gems are bonding with the tread. They hope to become great friends and travel many miles together!

2 comments:

  1. Bob would be proud of you for reconnecting with your long-lost friend. And I'm sure the time and distance warpage will balance out again soon.

    And oh, yes... Brad is proud of you too! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your reunion is going well. I knew you wouldn't be able to live without him forever. Let me know how it is going.

    ReplyDelete