Wednesday, April 22, 2009

6 Words and 8 Things

Here are a couple fun things to ponder...

This last weekend I had the pleasure of going to see Beth Moore in Portland with a couple friends. It was so good. Good to get away. Good to be with friends. Good to be challenged and stretched. Good to be quiet in a group of 7300 women. Good to worship with 7300 women. Here's one thing we were challenged to do... we were asked to describe our life in only 6 words. Where you are, where you've been, what you do, whatever. Just 6 words. Mine came pretty easily, but is a bit too personal to share here. So give it a try. Can you sum anything up in 6 words? Some were funny, some were serious, some were heartbreaking, some were hopeful. All over the place.

Here are 2 of my buddies, Molly and Tracie. The little white haired lady just over my shoulder was so sweet to sit by Saturday morning. She was there with her 2 daughters and granddaughters, and we had a couple short but sweet conversations. When we were leaving, she grabbed my arm and said, "Sweetheart, you have a very safe drive home today." It just warmed my heart. The kind of lady that mothers everyone around her.

Onto a totally different topic now:

I saw this on another blog, and thought it was a fun idea! I've not been tagged by anyone, so I'm tagging myself! I love a list!

8 Things!

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:

1. A Saturday morning when I can sleep in.

2. My Thursday night date with Brad.

3. Warmer weather.

4. Eating. I'm very hungry right now.

5. Vacation at the end of June!

6. Tiling my bathroom floor.

7. Riding my bike to meet Brad on his way home from work. See #3.

8. Going to a Mariners game. Again, see #3.

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Hosted Moms In Touch.

2. Grocery shopped.

3. Made a yummy Taco Salad.

4. Pulled some raspberry plants gone awry in my garden.

5. Signed a beautiful report card from Alex.

6. Watched Alex's baseball team win 13-4, and Alex get 4 RBIs. (Or is that RsBI?)

7. Watched The Biggest Loser.

8. Read some blogs.

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:

1. Get better sleep.

2. Eat chocolate chip cookies everyday, without consequence.

3. Do my run with zero discomfort.

4. Speed up parts of my day and slow down other parts.

5. Go to Hawaii with B.

6. Not worry.

7. Spend more time with friends.

8. Protect my kids from hurts.

8 Shows I Enjoy:

1. Survivor

2. The Office

3. The Amazing Race

4. 24

5. The Biggest Loser

6. Paula Deen on The Food Network

7. Lost (only because my husband is sitting still during this hour.)

8. Mariners games!

So, now I'm suppose to "tag" people to do their 8 things on their blog. So I tag Brenda, Shelley, and Katie!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll get to it when I have 8 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Biggest Loser too.
    It is a great show.
    I wish I could eat chocolate chip cookies without consequences.
    I can not wait for the vacation in June-July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne...I posted my 8 things....finally! Great idea! Fun!

    ReplyDelete