Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Menu

Here are a couple recipes that I cannot recommend enough! They are both huge hits with the entire family. So yummy that I am craving them both even as I think about them...

First is Spinach/Strawberry Salad Supreme. So, so good. I would eat this salad as a dessert. And you know I do not say that lightly! It is that good. My kids loved it, and we have eaten it twice this last week. If the combination sounds odd, go for it anyway. You'll be glad you did.

Spinach/Strawberry Salad Supreme
1/2 bag spinach (a nice bowl full, as below)
1 lb. container strawberries, diced
1 avocado, diced
Marie's Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing (refrigerated in produce section in most stores)
Almond Accents Honey Roasted Sliced Almonds

Combine diced strawberries and avocados in small bowl. They should be diced like you are making a salsa. Drizzle with the vinaigrette dressing. It doesn't take a lot, because the juice from the berries will add to the dressing. You don't want it soupy, just glazed. You can either toss this with the spinach and serve right away, or plate the salads separately, placing a scoop of the strawberries/avocados onto a mound of spinach, then sprinkle with almonds.


One of my favorite friends, who is fabulous at many things (including cooking) gave me this chicken recipe awhile ago. I just tried it this weekend, and it was another huge hit. Even from 2 of my kids, who usually try to disguise chicken breasts by covering them in some sort of sauce. They all wanted more, the highest compliment from a kid! And Brad and I loved them as well. Thanks, Marlece!

Rice Crispy Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal, crushed
2 TBSP flour
1/4 tsp. dried thyme (rub it between your palms to wake up the flavor before adding)
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
dash of garlic powder and salt
1/4 cup melted butter

Combine crushed cereal, flour, and seasonings. Dip each chicken breast in butter and then in cereal mixture. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika for color. (I didn't do that, and it was just fine!)


This chicken is suppose to be like a mock fried chicken. I think I crushed my cereal too fine, so it didn't come out crispy. But it still had a fabulous taste, so either way you should be happy with it!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so where in the world did you find strawberries that have any flavor? I think I may make this with mandarin oranges instead...

    ReplyDelete