Thursday, March 26, 2009

Martha's A Criminal??

The girls have half days of school this week for conferences, and yesterday they had some friends over to have some rainy day fun. Oh, man, was it fun people watching for me! I love hearing their happy chatter, and always get some great chuckles from comments I hear. This was an especially great combination of girls for providing funny comments. I wish I could just record their conversations and post them here. They'd probably never come back, but it would be great entertainment. Every time I took a picture, one of those sweet girls would say, "Is that going on your blog??" So this is for Emily...the day in pictures:

Beth & Natalie

Faith, Emily & Brenna

Natalie the Unicorn & Beth the Cheerleader

Dinnertime brought a game of Imaginiff. They were having so much fun asking silly questions about each other, and us. The greatest conversation came from one of these questions. It was "Imaginiff ( ) was a criminal. Would he/she be more like: " followed by 4 choices. One of the choices was Martha Stewart. The reading of that choice brought stunned faces and a look of total confusion to some of the kids. "Martha Stewart is a criminal??" Followed by a couple kids saying, "Who is Martha Stewart??" (To protect the innocent, I won't reveal who asked which question. You can probably figure it out.) So they started asking me why she was a criminal. I said, 'It was for tax evasion or something. Oh, no, wait...I think it was for illegal stock trading." That was followed by the next part of the funniest conversation. One child, in total seriousness, asked, "What is sock trading? Why is it illegal??"


And when I got home last night after my Bible study and delivering girls back to their rightful owners, these were waiting for me on the table. No reason, other than I'm loved. And I love him right back. My favorite flowers from my favorite person. Good way to end a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Emily said that she had a blast! What pretty flowers! They are so springy! I love them!

    ReplyDelete