Thursday, January 15, 2009

Traffic Alert!!


I am issuing this alert for today and continuing into the unforeseeable future. Please be on high alert. As you can see from the picture, there is a new driver on the road. I have asked her to pull way over to the side of the road if she sees my van coming. But now I'm rethinking that. I don't want her watching that closely for me. Too much pressure for a new driver. So, my dear Jessica, I hereby release you from that. Instead, I will be closely watching for you. I will pull way over if I see you coming. So, if you by chance see a tan mini-van screeching to the side of the road, or perhaps even leaving the roadway abruptly, do not be alarmed. It's just your ultra-cautious aunt taking measures to keep her children safe.

And how is it that you are driving anyway???!! Ugh. Don't get me started. It will waste precious time that I could be using instead to go search for more gray hairs. They are becoming rampant, as I see all these babies growing into...people. It seems like not long ago, I sat up all night holding Jessica on her first night at home, trying to not even let a muscle twitch for fear this baby would squawk and wake her exhausted parents. Now she's driving?

My oldest niece, who is the first person I've watched grow from an infant to an adult, is now married and a mommy to 2 beautiful boys. (I could go wild posting about them if anyone reading this would email me a picture! My scanner doesn't work...) I will refrain to talk about them in the hopes I can do it another time.

And then all these other nieces and nephews growing into young adults. It just makes me more aware of how quickly my own will be there. But now I've gone on too long and probably have a couple more hairs to pull out. Oops...I don't really do that, Marlece. Wink.

Stay safe, Jessica. And remember to not ever drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

4 comments:

  1. I am feeling quite old myself! So .....if you're afraid of being on the same road, just imagine being IN the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember teaching Stephanie to drive! The first outing we made it about 2 blocks and that's all I could take!!!! She did drive slowly UNTIL the road construction and she sped up for that! That's when I calmy said "Okay, that's enough for today. Good job."
    I cannot believe that our little Jesse is DRIVING! We are getting old...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new background!

    ReplyDelete