Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"R Word" Update and Random Fun

We have exciting news from our fabulous pest guy, Evan. Today was our scheduled re-check of the traps, and they were empty and untouched! (If I could attach a sound bit, you would hear an operatic "Hallelujah!!!") So it seems as if we got 'em. We still will check again in 2 weeks, traps are still at the ready. And, Brad finished his hatch cover, which is an extra layer of protection to ensure no creature can enter our crawl space. Here is a quote on the service invoice from Evan: "New access hatch appears to be to NASA standards." That's my man.

Here's some random fun:

http://www.freerice.com/ is a fun game-play/charity combo site. You can go there and quiz yourself on math, vocabulary, grammar, geography, and other subjects. There are different levels for different ages, and for each answer you get right, the site donates 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program. (Last year the site generated enough rice to feed more than 2 million people.) And, as my brother likes to say, rice is the perfect food for when you are in the mood for 2,000 of the same thing. Not to make light of hunger...gosh, now I'm going downhill fast. Onward...

Now for a fun joke:

You are on the bus when you suddenly realize... you need to fart.

The music is really loud, so you time the farts to the beat. After a couple songs, you start to feel better as you approach your stop.

As you are leaving the bus, people are really staring you down, and that's when you remember: you've been listening to your ipod.

This gave me quite a chuckle, because I got my first ipod last month. And I sing right along with it, which gives the family plenty of laughs. I'll have to be very careful if I listen to mine in public. Because of the singing, I mean.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that those rat traps have not been touched! Is Mr. Carlsons hand feeling any better?

    Loved the joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mental note... don't ride the bus home from lunch at the Mexican place with Leanne when she is wearing her ipod...

    ReplyDelete