Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Random Running, Climbing, and Stickiness

Random, random ramblings...

I'm sitting here when I should be doing so much else.  I have 3 loads of laundry to fold.  I could get a jump-start on dinner, I need to do so much, but have chosen instead to take these few moments and just sit.  I am waiting on a load of clothes, containing some necessary articles of clothing, to dry so I can go for a run.  I have about 15 minutes before kids start trickling in from school.  So a few moments of quiet feels so good.

I am migraine-free today for the first time since Saturday night.  Ahhhh....feels so good.  I don't struggle much with those pesky headaches anymore, but for whatever reason I had one that decided to come for a visit and stay awhile.  I worked in a very noisy pre-school classroom yesterday, which was a very uncomfortable partner for my throbbing head.  It finally gave up and went away about 6:00 yesterday evening, so I quickly hopped on the treadmill and went for a run.  I took it a bit easy, not wanting to shake up anything that might be lingering, but it felt so good.  I was only going to run 2 miles, but 2 felt so good I ran for 3.  Then waked for another mile and a half.  Today I'm back up to my full 4-mile run. 

And I am so glad I got that in before I watched The Biggest Loser last night.  I cannot watch that show without crying, and I had to work hard last night to not get too carried away.  Oh, my.  Those people that walked a 5K...one woman's line made me chuckle:  she said, with sincere emotion, "I cannot even walk through Wal-Mart, I have to ride in a cart, and now I just walked 3.1 miles!"  It took her over 2 hours to walk that, but she finished.  Very inspiring...and then that sweet O'Neal, he's something else.  I love him like I love Jet and Cord on The Amazing Race.

Beth recently won a speed climbing competition at school!  She was the fastest 3rd grade girl to climb across the horizontal climbing wall.  This picture was almost 3 years ago, climbing a bit higher than I was comfortable with and loving every minute of it.


My kitchen survived an assault by my oldest, who made "Buche de Noel" for a French project.  He made one last week as a practice, and 2 this week for his actual presentation.  At one point Monday evening, he had to invert the pan onto a powdered sugar-lined towel.  He let the cake plop out from quite a height, causing a cloud of powdered sugar to fall upon my entire kitchen.  There was quite the white haze in the air, and a fine powder coating all the counters.  And stove.  And floor.  He tried to take a damp paper towel and wipe up some of the floor, which then turned the floor into a very sticky mess.  We did a "good enough" clean up, knowing more mess was coming.  After he finished the whole fill-n-frost portion last night, he cleaned up...then I went in and cleaned up his clean up.  I scrubbed counters and mopped the floor and I'm happy to say our feet are no longer sticking to the floor.  And the cakes were a huge success.  I think we may have a new Christmas Eve cake tradition...and maybe that tradition can include being prepared by the French-inspired chef himself.



I went to Costco today to pick up my $5 prescription refill, and left 45 minutes later having spent just under $100.  (On food, not my prescription.)  How does that happen?? 

And, I'm creeping upon a giveaway!  Can you guess why?

Ah...the dryer just finished it's job.  Now it's time to be done with the non-productive ramblings and get myself on the treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment