Sunday, January 27, 2013

Scrumptious Chocolate Muffins ~ 100-ish calories!

I mentioned some interesting chocolate muffins a couple posts ago, and as I made them again this evening, I realized I had not posted the recipe.  Sorry for those of you that asked for it, apparently an unfortunate side effect of calorie deprivation is short term memory loss.  Or maybe it's just who I am. That's probably it.

Anywho, these muffins are really a yummy, yummy treat.  I'm guessing these to have about 100 calories each.  The original recipe said 95 calories each, for a recipe that made 24.  I'm a bit challenged in the area of equal batter distribution, so my recipe only made 20.  I also added a wee bit of real sugar, just to sweetin' it up a bit.  So here's the recipe, as tweaked by me.



100-ish Calorie Scrumptious Chocolate Muffins

1 3/4 cup oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup baking Stevia (or a similar sweetener that measures like sugar)
1 cup very hot water
1/4 cup sugar (I just needed it. You can omit it if you are stronger than me.)
1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips

Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into a blender or food processor.  Blend well until the mixture is smooth and the oats are all ground and incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Line a muffin tin with liners (foil liners work best) or spray well with non-stick spray.  If you've used your blender, you now have a handy-dandy pour spout all ready to help you fill your pan.  Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full with batter.  Bake at 350 for about 12-14 minutes, or until they've lost their jiggle.

And there you have it!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment