Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Some Pinteresting Love

Some very Pinteresting things have been going on around our house, and it's been so much fun!

I'll start back at the beginning.  It was time, past time, to take down all the Christmas decorations.  I had waited an extra week as it was, simply because my middle child LOVES the Christmas decorations and begged me to leave them up a bit longer.  The lazy side of me jumped at the chance to not tackle the job, so they stayed.  The next week they all got packed into their boxes to return to the attic.  All but one little 4-foot tree that brightens up our dining room.  As I was packing things away, I remembered a fun idea I saw on Pinterest, and decided to surprise my daughter, who was gone for the day.  I undecorated that little tree, and the re-decorated it with Valentine hearts.  It was so very cute, all lit up in white lights with pink and red hearts.  And to top it off, Brenna was thrilled.  And paired up with my love sign, another Pinterest idea, it's all very Valentine-sy.

 
 


THEN!  I saw this fun idea:  to decorated the kids' bedroom doors with one heart each day from February 1st thru Valentine's Day.  On the heart, I write something I love about them.  I thought it would just be a cutesy thing to do building up to the day of loooove.  And my kids have loved this more than I realized they would.  Especially my youngest, who needed some sweet words to fill her up.  She loved it so much that she started putting hearts on my bedroom door, one for me and one for her daddy every day.  Sweetness.



Yet another Pinteresting idea was these journals to share with my girls.

  

They each have one, and we write notes to each other.  I write something and leave it on their bed, they write back and leave it on my bed.  Not every day, just now and then.  It has been so wonderful I can't even describe.  If it wouldn't violate their privacy I would share some of their letters, they are so sweet and open and lovely.  I wish I had thought to start this years ago, but I'm so glad we do it now.  It is such a lovely way to end a day, to read the sweet words from my daughters' hearts.

I'll make an abrupt right turn and share one of my favorite meals in my new eating repertoire.  I love this so much that I have to be careful not to eat it as often as I'd like.  Especially this time of year, it's a tummy-warming, taste bud-tingling, quick-and-ready meal that I love:



Costco carries this creamy tomato soup.  One of the fabulous things about it?  It comes in this pourable container, so you can pour yourself a serving and then keep it in the refrigerator for the next time.  Only 100 calories a serving too!

My favorite way to eat it is to plop a spoonful of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt into the hot soup, stir it all up, and then add some chunks of avocado.  Delish!  I've also made it a more complete meal by adding some chunk of chicken breasts.  Really yummy.  Cannot recommend  this enough!  Next time you are at Costco, get yourself some!  I can imagine that it's amazingly tasty with a pesto grilled cheese sandwich too.  Although, for now, that is only in my imagination.  Yum yum.

So that's it for now.  As we creep up on Valentine's Day next week, hope you take some time to show some love to someone in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment