Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My New Friend ~ All Dressed Up!!

I made a new friend on Sunday.  We ran into each other at Target, and I quickly invited her home with me.  She's very sweet...I think you'll like her too. 


You can enjoy her just as she is, or you can dress her up like I did.  I felt like she needed a little snazzy-ing up, so I made up this recipe just for her.  I can't tell you how much this makes Fall jump alive.  The smell, the taste, even the look, I think.


These little beauties, a chocolate kiss with caramel apple filling!  Aaah!  Can you stand it?  You know a caramel apple with a chocolate coating is just a thing of beauty, right?!  Well, now it's all packaged up a little Hershey Kiss.  Brilliant.

Then I thought about how cinnamon could perfectly compliment this.  So I made a Snickerdoodle-ish cookie and topped it with this Kiss.  Oh.  My.  Loveliness.  Go to Target.  My friend will meet you there.  Bring her home and make these cookies.  It's good enough to make you forget all about this crazy humidity (which, by the way, is making my hair increase it's volume by at least 143%) and let you feel like Fall is in the air! 


Caramel Apple Snickering Kiss Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups flour
2 TBSP sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Caramel-Apple Hershey Kisses

Beat together butter, shortening, and sugar.  Add eggs and beat well.  Add cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.  Mix until combined.  Add in flour and mix just until combined.

In a separate, small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls (use that cookie scoop to make it easy) and roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.  Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.  Bake at 400 for 8 minutes.

Remove cookies from oven and immediately place a Hershey Kiss on top of each cookie, pressing down slightly.  Let cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes, then remove onto cooling racks to cool completely.


Yum.  Yum.  Yum.

2 comments:

  1. yum, I think I will set my little homeschool boy right to the task TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, those definitely look delish. Now the question is... in my newly created "Dave Ramsey FPU" budget... would this qualify as food or merely the "blow" category? YUM!

    ReplyDelete