Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Menu ~ Make Ahead Muffin Melts

Here's a new gem in my arsenal for feeding hungry kids!  Again, this tastes so much better than it looks.  You have to give it a try and listen to the taste buds.  They will be singing a happy tune!

I made these for the first week of school.  Offer them up with a wedge of melon and mouths will be happy and tummies will stay full!  You can make the topping up and keep it in your refrigerator, then just assemble and broil these guys right before you eat.  That may be my favorite thing about them.  I am NOT a morning person, so the more I can do on auto-pilot the better.  Whether you are a morning person or not, I hope you can give them a try!



Make-Ahead Muffin Melts
(from The Pioneer Woman, of course)

12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
2 cups grated cheese (cheddar or cheddar jack)
1 cup mayonnaise
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
6 whole English muffins, split

Combine all ingredients together, folding gently to combine.  Cover and store in the refrigerator.  Spread of English muffin halves and broil for 3-5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serve immediately.

This made way more topping than I needed for 6 English muffins, so I must have not used quite as much.  But it makes gobs.  You could easily half this recipe if you don't need it to go as far.  A full batch made it onto 12 English muffins in my house, and I wasn't being stingy with the topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment