Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday Wandomness

I've been a somewhat flaky blogger lately, and I thought it was time to get some thoughts out on here.  And this is a great, quiet moment at the end of a great, loud day...perfect moment to regroup.  Here are some totally random wandom and wonderful tidbits for this Wednesday:

Alex's music year is done!  The last two weeks were a huge push to the finish, but it all came together quite nicely.  The last three concerts were full of beautiful music and inspiring, encouraging words.  We have one last concert for Brenna and then truly, officially done!  To celebrate, I made this cake:


Truth be told, I will embrace any occasion to make a cake.  So I can eat the cake.  This particular cake was much better to eat than to look at.  The last of it was eaten last night, while watching the season finale of The Biggest Loser.


And how about that Biggest Loser??  Such heart-warming characters this year!  I love that Sam and Sarah found each other.  I love that Daris now has a girlfriend.  I love that O'Neil was totally decked out feeling fine.  I love that the final 4 finished a marathon...a MARATHON!!  And I love that Michael has so completely turned his health around!  So inspiring, and I'm sad to not see them anymore.  They were just temporary friends, I guess.  I've got to stop getting so attached to them!

And a real-life friend that I love so much is moving far away, and I'm very sad about that.  I am so happy for her, truly happy.  But I'm going to miss her like crazy.

While I was making dinner last night, I put together a soup to simmer all evening, with the purpose of having it ready today when I got home.  Now it's heating up on the stove and I'm so thankful for an easy dinner tonight...and especially something so comforting as soup on this blustery day.

And I think I put this on Facebook but have never blogged about it, but I am in love...IN LOVE...with these:



They have moved ahead of the Peanut M&M's in my life.  I love them.  They are a perfect salt/sweet combo.  I've talked before about being a big believer in balance.  Keep it balanced, friends.  Everyone is happier when there is balance.  That's why I like to eat Peanut M&M's with my popcorn at the movie.  Little of this, little of that, and you have the perfect balance.  Well, now that the Pretzel M&M so beautifully stands alone in the balance thing, I may be able to do without the popcorn next time I go to the movie!  So that means I will be able to avoid all the real butter mysterious shiny-coated popcorn at the movie, thus saving myself lots of junk, thus making Pretzel M&M's practically a health food!  That's the sort of twisted logic I choose to embrace.  Don't judge me.


To wrap up this incredibly riveting read, I'll give you two gems from school today:


At lunch, one little boy...probably about 8 years old...says, "Do you know what you get when you stick two french fries up your nose?"  I wanted to give him a few words of wisdom about what would really happen if he stuck two french fries up his nose, but instead I faked a calm interest and asked, "What??"  (There was something about his disheveled hair, glasses slightly askew, crinkled nose to hold said glasses up, and large, unblinking eyes that made me very curious what he would say.)  He then proceeded to stick a french fry in each nostril and say, "Look!  You get a moustache!!"  Charming.


At recess, a cute-as-a-bug little kindergarten boy sauntered by me and casually said, "Hey, I kissed a gull." (aka: girl)  I said, "Really?  Did you do that just now?"  He gives a look that said, "Hey, I know you're new here and all, but puh-leez!"  He waved his hand and said, "Oh, not today...that was YEARS ago!"  I guess 6-year-olds cram a lot of livin' in those early years.


Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment