Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Menu ~ Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza

This is another one of those things that may sound a bit questionable at first glance.  The taste is where it's at, so give it a try and you just might have a new favorite pizza.

For a long time, I made my own pizza crust using my trusty 'ole bread machine.  Now, however, Trader Joes has roared into my life and freed me from this laborious task.  Okay, not really a laborious task, but I'm happy to buy this dough ready to go and it's just a win-win.  My favorite is the herb dough, but you can do the plain or wheat.  It's in the refrigerated section, just $1.29, I believe.  I cut the one ball of dough into 4 pieces and let everyone make their own pizza.  We get a thinner crust, which I love.  You get the idea...top it with whatever, but for a zippy treat, try this chicken cordon bleu, which is a very loose interpretation of anything resembling the real dish.

this is a terrible, horrible picture of a fabulous, delicious pizza

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza

Bottled blue cheese dressing
grilled chicken breasts, seasoned with garlic, salt & pepper, and cut into strips
Canadian bacon
mozzarella cheese
freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
crumbled blue cheese, if you really want to emphasize the flavor

Shape the dough into whatever size pizza you are making.  Spread the blue cheese dressing as you would pizza sauce.  Top with remaining ingredients.

Bake as directed for the dough.

Another yummy combo at home is the BBQ Chicken Pizza.  BBQ sauce as the pizza sauce, grilled chicken, red onion, cheese, cilantro....mmm.  I could eat that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment