Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No Need for a Double-Dog Dare

Here's another glimpse into the adventure my kids bring into my life. In this case, the near heart attacks they bring into my life.

Last week, I was looking through our pictures trying to find a sweet one of Beth with her frog, Sally, to do something special with. I stumbled upon a folder which contained pictures the kids had clearly taken themselves. Some very sweet. Brenna and Beth with their bunnies. Archie wrapped in packing material...it appears the girls were trying to dress him like a bride. He was wonderfully cooperative...ya know, considering he's a he...and a dog.

Then, I scrolled down to this picture...and literally let out a gasp of disgust.






And who do those lips belong to? Beth, of course. I can tell by the facial features. And by the fact that only Beth WOULD do this. Who was the photographer? Alex, of course. Brenna would never have supported something like this. She would have been as disgusted as her mother. And Alex is a brother. Beth adores him, so she's pretty much game for whatever he thinks is a good idea. He doesn't even need to double-dog dare her. I'm sure it went something like this:

Beth: Alex, look at this cool spider I found!

Alex: That's awesome! Let me go get the camera!

(Beth stares closely at it to get a good view...)

Alex: Beth, get close to it and I'll take your picture. Now act like you are going to give it a kiss. Closer. Stick your lips out further. A little closer! (Snap) Oh, that's awesome!!

(Big guffaws and boisterous laughing)

This picture was taken on August 17, 2008. So I know that no nasty diseases or fungus or poison or whatever you can "catch" from kissing a spider was caught by Beth. Thank you, Lord. And a note to self...Add "don't kiss spiders, no matter what your brother says" to my list of instructions I should give Beth. That list is quite long.

That same brother/sister duo provided me with another great illustration of their creative adventures just last night. Stay tuned for that, as well as some prettier pictures that will help erase the disgusting one above.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Wow, Alex's picture turned out great of Beth almost kissing the spider. Tell Beth she is brave! And tell Alex he is a good photographer!

    ReplyDelete