Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Room, Familiar Elbows

Alex spent the last 2 nights away at a junior high retreat. He had a blast...tubing at Snoqualmie was a big hit. We may head up to do that as a family soon. He insists I would love it. Come to think of it, the last time he told me that was in line for Space Mountain. I didn't love it. I had to sit for an hour and a half afterwards to let my stomach find it's way back to where it belonged. That's a story for another day...

While Alex was gone this weekend, we re-did his room. He was overdue for a larger bed, having outgrown this loft bed awhile ago. (Anyone want it?? It's still in our garage.)



He had picked out his bedding, and we went from there. Brad and I started Friday evening about 7:00 and finished by 10:00 Saturday night, including breaks for 2 basketball games (me and the girls) and a haircut (handsome Brad). We still have a couple shelves and window treatments of some sort to put up, but it's mostly done.




And here's what made me want to share this...after Alex was home and had a much-needed shower and something to eat, he went to take a nap on his new bed before he was off to his rehearsal. He crashed hard. Brad had woken him up once...he sat up, stretched and wiped the drool from his chin, then went right back to sleep. I went in to wake him again, and here is what I found...


Now, this only means something if I explain that this is exactly the way Brad sleeps! I cannot count the times I have rolled over only to take an elbow to the face. And I so wish you could hear the obnoxious snoring sound that emits from a body asleep in this position. I've always known he is like his father in so many wonderful ways, but now I'm sorry to see that he has also inherited this unfortunate sleep position. No wonder that twin loft bed was too small to contain him!

1 comment:

  1. Alex, what a cool room! It looks much like a teen ager room! I love it! I can't wait till i can see it!

    ReplyDelete