Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I love it! I love it?!

I had to share these 2 new things that I love. Well, one I "love" in the most sincere form of the word, and one I choose to love.

Here you go:


I tried these chocolate chips last night, and I really love them. Dangerously love them. I am a self-admitted chocolate chip snob. I do not like store brands. I can totally tell a difference. I like Nestle and Ghiradelli. But now I love Trader Joe's chocolate chips. And please don't tell me something like, "I read an article that they are manufactured in the same plant as..." Don't mess with a girl's love for a chocolate chip. So if you are fortunate enough to be at Trader Joe's in the near future, grab yourself some semi-sweet chocolate chips for only $1.99...you will be giving yourself a gift. The gift of a party in your mouth.

And here's what I am choosing to love:


Because of a pesky foot injury, it will be 5 weeks tomorrow since I've run on my treadmill. Ugh! Five weeks! NOT good. But I can't do nothing, so 3 weeks ago I started this workout. I love this show. These people inspire me so much. I admit I am usually snacking while I watch these poor people come to the brink of throwing up or passing out, but I am genuinely inspired by what they are going through to change their lives. I couldn't do what they are doing. So my new friend is Bob, and he is kicking my...glutes. And my quads, and my shoulders, etc. I could go on, but I'll spare you. It's tough. Not perfect, and you have to put up with a couple work out partners you'd maybe rather not have (remember Heba?!), but it's a great workout. And I'm loving the variety and the different muscles I'm using that running wasn't getting. So if you need to shake things up a bit with your routine, here's my recommendation. Just a warning...you may be tempted to throw a weight at your t.v., and I truly do talk back to Bob. At one point he says, "Breathe through the pain." THAT makes me angry. It doesn't work. In childbirth or workouts. I didn't want Brad saying it, and I don't want Bob saying it. I digress again...

Happy eating and sweating!


3 comments:

  1. The biggest loser is my favorite show. Yummm....... those chocolate chips look delicious. I love that you explain it as "a party in your mouth." Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the info on Trader Joe's. I have never been there but know they have really quality stuff. I too am a chocolate chip lover of Ghiradelli but would prefer to spend 1.99 all of the time instead of look for it on sale! I just love your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did you all get a "Trader Joes?" I love that store....They also have great lava cakes in the frozen section...but then again you are such a great baker you might already have a recipe of your own....
    Okay I am now in search of the Biggest Loser workout DVD....

    I love this blog thing!

    ReplyDelete