Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Flute Loops Have Left the Building...

(Okay, Marlece...snowman is gone!  I picked something quickly because I do love the red/brown.  I didn't realize it was all heart-y and valentine-y.  Oh, well.  Maybe another change to come, maybe not!)


For the last 4 years, Brenna and her bestie have been playing the flute together.  For three years, they have done a duet for the solo/ensemble competition.  All good things must come to an end, I suppose, and both girls have decided to end their flute careers as they head into high school.  (I can't believe I just typed those words.  My heart and mind are having trouble wrapping around the fact that my little girls is heading into high school.)

In fact, a big piece of me still expects to see this when I enter a room:


And instead, I see this beautiful young lady:


Ugh.  I just got myself all teary-eyed.

Anyway, back to Brenna and Julia.  They have called themselves The Flute Loops for these past 3 years.  They have giggled and laughed their way through many practice sessions.

And on Saturday, they officially ended their flute duet days with a great performance, sweetly earning a Superior once again.

I love that the adjudicator complemented these two girls on the way they performed with poise and confidence.  They are poised, beautiful, confident young ladies, and I can't wait to watch them enter this next season with that same happy, giggly, poised confidence!

Pre-performance posing.

Warming up (and giggling out the nerves) with a little coaching from Julia's music-master dad!

Performing beautifully.

The traditional post-performance trip for ice cream!

I love both these girls so much.  Brenna I love for obvious and innumerable reasons.  Julia I love for many reasons, but here's my top three:

1. She has a very infectious, happy laugh.
2. She tells me my food tastes like it should be in a restaurant.
3. She is a great friend and loves my little girl.

So goodbye to The Flute Loops, but hello to many more happy memories to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment