Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend Fun (For Experiment's Sake)

One of the perks of having a tech savvy kid who has started his own blog is that he clues me in to setting changes that I can make to allow my pictures to post much easier.  Or so I hear.  So in the interest of seeing what I think about these changes, I'm going to just ramble on about some parts of our past weekend.  Hang onto your hats, this could be fun.
Oh, my.  I shouldn't have started this so late.  This could be so much fun.  I wish you could see all the fun I am having.  I'm so excited that I can do this:  draw a line through a word.   That's fun! 


And that funny line up there, it's called a jump break.  I don't know why I would need a jump break, but believe me I will find a way to use it and make it fun!

(So the funny line that I see doesn't show when I post.  I have no idea what it's for...)

Okay...onto the picture weekend fun:

Friday night was the high school Football game.  Homecoming game:  very fun.  Other than a very scary injury...it was a great night.





The side of Alex's head is the best I've been able to do!


Then Saturday came with cheer for the girls.  Beth's turn first: they cheered two games.


Beth with some of her sweet buddies.  I do love these girls!


Then it was Brenna's turn to cheer.  Go, Brenna!

(I interrupt this post to say that I LOVE this updated editing thing-a-ma-jig!  Yeah, blogspot!)


On Sunday, we realized it was going to be the last sunny weekend day for awhile, so we made a very impromptu trip to the pumpkin patch.  This was done between watching the Seahawks win masterfully and Alex's Sogo rehearsal, which gave us a whole 65 minutes.  Alex would have preferred to go to the box outside our local Safeway, but the girls really wanted to go pick one.  So I promised Alex I would only make him pose for one picture.  He was a good sport, even though not too eager.


So, while the kids posed...



...Brad went to stand in line.  Yep, he was in line long before we found any pumpkins.  Efficiency was the key word of the day.  Fun, yes.  But efficient fun.



Staying true to who she is, Brenna gathered all her possibilities, huddled them together, and then decided.



Meanwhile, Beth went for "bigger is better".



The girls happily posed for one more picture!

So there is a very rushed recap of some of our weekend highlights.  I'm so glad I experimented ~ I'm gonna have some kind of fun with these new features!

1 comment:

  1. Oh tell me, is it worth coming back to blogspot? Did they change some things around a bit?

    ReplyDelete