Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cheerfully back!

I'm back!  Did ya miss me and my riveting stories?  I thought not.  Anyway, back at it again after being heavily distracted with life rolling on in all its busyness.  Between a nasty cold, cheer competition preparation, last week of cheer practice, making a cheer season dvd, cheer games...there's a theme here on what has been dominating my time!  Throw in there being the popcorn lady at the middle school, making stacks of Passport maps, loving on a sweet bunch of ladies in my Bible study group who are going through some tough times, music-destination taxi-ing, doctor visits, boot lugging and general kid wrangling, mix it all together and you get the perfect recipe for just not wanting to be on this computer much.  So there you have it.  Now I'll go on to grip you with pictures of our sweet cheer girls in all their sweet Bear-ness!


Waiting to go into the big competition!




Warming up.






So the competition for Beth's squad was a mixed bag.  A very, very fun day for the girls, lots of friend time, watching great routines and doing lots and lots of cheering.  Their performance was a mess, a very perplexing mess, but they were such great sports about it all and I was so proud of how they handled themselves in the aftermath of that.  Those three and a half minutes did not define our season! 




Notice all the white poms on my boot?  A couple of the moms thought my boot needed to be dressed up for the occasion, and this is what they did to me.  And these are 2 girls I coached last year, and we all had injured right legs so they thought we needed a picture together!




And here is my sweet girl at our banquet last night.  It was so fun to celebrate such a great season with all the girls.  I love them dearly and will miss them!  So glad I got to take one of them home with me!




And here is the sweet Brenna with her squad.  They took 1st place in their division at competition and get to perform this weekend at the championship game!  Way to go, girls!



Jump for joy, Brenna!



Go Bears!

2 comments:

  1. How cute!!! Makes me wanna go put on my old cheer uniform!!! Love the pics, miss competitions, and now reminiscing about the good ol days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, I want to possibly go see this half time business. What time and what field? If it dosen't interfere with brayden's game we'll be there to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete