Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Menu ~ Candy Corn Kiss Chocolate Cookies

Here we are in October...the weather is finally acting in sync with the calendar...so I thought this would be an appropriate recipe for today. I gotta be honest with you, I'm not a huge candy corn fan, so these don't really rock my world. But I saw these Kisses at Target last week, and thought they were so cute. I knew the kids would love them, but I didn't realize how much. I apparently have really denied Alex his "favorite candy" and it's "been years" since he's had candy corn. He let me know this tale of woe with all the drama and flair that he could muster. So he has been thrilled with these cookies. I prefer just the chocolate, of course. But they are really cute and festive, and I do have to love that in a cookie! This one's for you, Alex. I hope you all enjoy them a little bit too!



Candy Corn Kiss Chocolate Cookies

1 pkg. chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 cup butter-flavor shortening (you can use butter, but the cookies will be a lot thinner)
2 eggs
powdered sugar
Hershey's Candy Corn Kisses

Mix together cake mix, shortening and eggs. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (use your cookie scoop that I know you have), and roll balls in powdered sugar. Bake at 375 for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place a kiss in the center of each cookie. Immediately remove from sheet onto cooling rack. These take awhile to cool, as the kiss will get all melty and then re-set.

This is one of my favorite cookie recipes for Christmas, only I use a mini York peppermint patty. So yummy. You can use any kind of cake mix/candy combination that you like!

There you go, Alex. The recipe is memorialized here!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh yummo! Great idea! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live a lifetime without eating another candy corn. Good news for Alex because there's more for him. Cute cookie though!

    ReplyDelete