Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How Old IS She??

The time has come, and I will keep this mercifully short.  I have so much I want to say, but this is the end of a long couple days, complete with the first cheer practice in the books tonight!  Oh, I do love these girls.  And I'm so glad the first practice is over.

I will save the whole research part of it for another time, but I do have so much more to say on the topic.  Right now all I can incoherently utter is some form of "Bears" and "High V" and counting to 8 and...that's all.  Sweet mercy, those are two paragraphs that are as scattered as my brain.  Enough!


This handsome woman is my great grandmother, Eva May Bryan.  She is 40 years old in this picture.  MY AGE!!!  I struck the same pose and tried to find a family resemblance...I'm sure it's there somewhere.  Please don't respond unkindly to that.  I just lobbed a sweet pitch to hit right there.  Would you look at the forearms on that gal?  That is someone who you address as "Yes, ma'am" or "Whatever you say, ma'am."

Anyway, thanks for participating.  And I will be back soon with a more detailed discussion on where my brain is.  As soon as I find it.  My brain that is.

And, for whatever it's worth, I had the thought of teaching Grandma Eva one of these cheers and waving those pom poms.  I imagine she would not take to it too naturally.  But I bet I could get her to have a good time trying.  Then again, that doesn't look like a woman you get to do anything she doesn't want to do.

So, good night.  More to come, so much more...

3 comments:

  1. I should have got a kudo's in your blog just because I reconized her!!!! And I was darn close on the age!
    darrlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. FORTY? Well bless her hard working, sun exposed, early 20th century heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspected that even though I printed in her 60's...my grandma was the same way. Oh there lives were so much harder than ours weren't they??!!

    A. Claudia

    ReplyDelete