Tuesday, September 15, 2009

19 Years and Counting!

19 years ago today...



On this day, I was so excited to be marrying my best friend. So in love. So excited to begin a new season of my life. So curious what the future held...

And that excitement and curiosity has continued for 19 years and counting. Still my best friend. Still in love. Still excited about all the seasons we have had together, and those still to come. Still curious about what the future holds.

I am so blessed to call this man my husband and best friend. He is strong but gentle. He is kind but firm. He is adventurous and patient. He is a hard worker and loyal. He is truthful. He is easy-going. Not easily offended. Always forgiving. Always approachable. Even though he doesn't always "get"me, he's always understanding. He loves my cooking, even when it's not worthy of love. He appreciates me and whatever I do. He would do anything for his family. He is the best dad I know, and I'm so thankful that our kids have him as an example of a man.

I'm so thankful I get to spend my life with him for many, many years to come. As long as we both shall live...and then forever.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love what you wrote. It is such a rare thing these day to have women "like" their husbands. We are blessed women indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I am so happy for the two of you! Isn't it great to be married to your best friend?

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary you two! So happy for you both. Very honored to call you both my friends!
    ~Jack

    ReplyDelete