*In one of my reading groups, we were recently reading a story that included Mother Goose granting a wish. We talked about the wishes of the cow and the dog and the cat. So I asked them, "If you met Mother Goose and could have just one wish, what would it be?" Their answers were delightful:
"I would be a super hero, but only if it came with a cape." (Because, of course...it's all in the cape.)
"I would be a Princess Pony. A Princess Pony with LOTS of glitter." (Because when you are a princess pony, I guess it's all in the glitter.)
**A co-worker eavesdropped on a conversation that took place on the tire swing. A group of boys, talking about me. And how much they loved reading. And the kicker? "Mrs. Carlson is a REALLY good reader." Well, I do declare. I guess all these years of practicing have paid off.
***Today a rather sweet little girl who can also be a bit of a...precocious one...warmed my heart in a big way. She hugged me goodbye at the end of our reading group and said, "Oh, you always smell SO good when I hug you." Lovebug.
****Tomorrow those bundles of preciousness get to sing their hearts out at their kindergarten program. Hearing all those little faces sing "Thumb in the thumb place, fingers all together....Warm and Cozy I will be, when I put my mittens on me, on me!"
In other, completely unrelated, thoughts:
1. Can Mr. Bates be any more wonderful to Anna? His speech he gave her? "You are higher and more holy because of your suffering." We all know that story is not ending there.
2. I just finished a book that I really enjoyed. "The Blue Castle" by L.M. Montgomery, same author as "Anne of Green Gables". It's an easy read, a bit of mystery, yet more of a 'justice for the good girl'.
3. I can barely contain my excitement this week. I really wanted to stay home and watch the media day circus and my beloved Seahawks. But then I would have missed the compliment of my smell.
4. Waiting, waiting, waiting. That has been the theme of the last couple months for us. Waiting. More on that later, but for now, we are still waiting.
5. It's been so long since I've posted a recipe, I think it's time. This is a dip I made for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was so delicious. We had it as a dip with tortilla chips, and I had leftovers as lettuce wraps the next day for lunch. Wonderful both ways. The only change I would make is to add some avocado just before serving.
Southwest Chicken Dip found here: http://www.yellowblissroad.com/giveaway-and-skinny-southwest-chicken/