Friday, April 19, 2013

It's Good For the Soul

This week has been filled with tough images, huh?  Distraught faces, grieving faces, angry faces.  And there is just no making sense of all this.  I do not understand how a 19-year old could be filled with such hatred, a total disregard to life.

It makes one think about this world we live in.  Is evil taking over?  Is the bad bigger than the good?  And I know it's not.  I know there is so much more good in this world than bad. I know there is more joy than sadness.  I know love wins in the end.

Watching the city of Boston respond reminds me that people are good.  Two evil people don't change that.  

Alex is traveling to Boston in less than two weeks.  I'm THANKFUL he is not there now.  I would be a wreck.  I'll be watching intently as the next week plays out, to see how that city goes back to being Boston, I'm sure growing more confident each day that it's safe to send my son there.

And in the midst of all this, it's simply good to laugh.  This situation is rattling, and shows us how quickly our "normal" be rocked.  But with our normal in tact, laughter is part of a healthy day.  

I saw this video this morning.  I hadn't seen it in so long, but it hasn't lost any of it's sweetness.  There's something so joyfully pure about this little guy's laughter.  Love the way he's absolutely absorbed in the moment, not a care in the world, just total innocence and lovin' life!

I think we could all use some joyful laughter.  It's good for our soul...







No comments:

Post a Comment