So I'm going to do a massive download of life, list style. 'Tis the season for lists!
1. Alex's birthday was so much fun this year. We bought him a certificate to go indoor skydiving. He loved it so much. He really wants to sky dive for real, and I've told him he must be old enough to do it without parental consent and he must be able to pay for it himself, and he mustn't tell me until it's over.
that's the face of pure joy!
right after finishing their flights
17? I can barely absorb that.
2. A few days after this fun event, we experienced another fun event. Well, fun in a different sort of way. Flying high in a different sort of way.
Bye-bye wisdom teeth. hello altered-awareness. "I'm not tired at all! I'm 6' 2.25 inches. My cheeks aren't numb anymore. Why are you laughing at me? When can we go home? Are my cheeks puffy?" This kid talked and talked and talked as soon as he woke up.
He asked me to take him straight to school, because "other than the gauze in my mouth and I can't talk right, I'm totally fine." Mmm-hmm. They encouraged me to get the pain meds on board right away so he would "sleep and relax". Uh, not so much. He did not sleep a wink. Allll day.
3. Sisters. They make me smile.
4. Brenna's last band concert. Ever. I will miss her flute-y toots.
5. When 3 out of 5 Carlson's are sick with plugged noses and ears, why not go breathe in some salty air to cleanse the sinuses?
7. And speaking of Pinterest, I also have been swooning over lots of crafty ideas I've found. I made this over the weekend, and it's a big hit:
Fun to have in an area we all walk by several times a day. The "I love you because..." is under the glass, and using a dry-erase marker, we can write little notes on top of the glass. I'm excited to see what pops up on here!
So how sweet is this??? My son went to the store today and brought me home this:
And now I'm done. For now.