Friday, June 1, 2012

Knowing Him

I can hardly believe the words I am about to type:  my baby boy is 17 years old today.  Huh?  It hardly seems possible to me.



24 hours old here.  We were both newborns.  He a newborn babe, me a newborn momma.  I didn't really have a clue what I was doing at this point, but we figured it out together.

I was madly in love with him in this picture, even though I barely knew him.  He didn't have to do anything to make me love him, just by being here I loved him.  All he did was sleep and eat and pee and poop and cry, and yet he was the most perfect thing I had ever known.




And this is our most recent picture together.  Almost 17 here.  I don't really have a clue what I'm doing at this point, but we are figuring it out together.

I am still madly in love with him now, even though I thoroughly know him.  He doesn't have to do anything to make me love him, just by being here I love him.  All he ever does is sleep and eat....well, I guess that doesn't fit anymore...but even with all the great things he does to make me so proud, it's simply being him that makes him one of the most perfect things I have ever known.

Happy Birthday, Alex Bradley.  I love you with all of my heart.


1 comment:

  1. Leanne, what a sweet post. You still look like such a young mom. Alex is getting more handsome the older he gets.
    Happy Birthday to both of you.

    My baby turned 40 on May 5th and I still don't know what I am doing?

    Lois

    ReplyDelete