Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Trees Are Flying And The Bugs Are Pinned And Apparently Thinking Is A Problem

There's a piece of me that would like to write nothing other than that title.  It sums up so very much in my little world right now.  Today I was unloading the dishwasher and wondering where my blogging mojo has gone.  I just have been very negligent about getting anything that I want to remember on here.  But I know it's not gone.  It's just on a brief hiatus, as it is every October.  I am up to my eyeballs in everything cheer right now.  Forms, routine choreography, cutting music, diverting thoughts of difficult parents, going to agonizingly boring but necessary meetings, not to mention the actual coaching.  I finally had my 4th practice with all 19 girls.  FOURTH!!!  Now I have two sick, one with a hurt knee...it's no wonder I have gray hairs growing faster than I can count.  But the music is catchy, the girls are so cute, the games are fun, and competition will be here next weekend and then be over.  And as crazy as these days are, I will miss being with them when it's over.  I always go through a bit of withdrawal.  Half of them I will never coach again, so don't get me started on that.

Meanwhile, life is marching on in a beautifully ordinary way.  Work is good.  First and second graders are so entertaining!  They are hysterically funny and have no idea.

Yesterday, one sweet little girl was practicing jumping rope while she ran.  She came over to me and asked me to watch how great she could do.  Of course, one jump and then she tripped on it.  She said in a very exasperated voice, "My problem is once I knew you were watching, I started thinking.  And I can do anything I want to do as long as I don't think.  But my problem is whenever I start thinking I just can't do anything!"  Sweetly spoken and duly noted.  I will try to not think so much.

Today we watched a tree fly!  We had a huge tree removed from beside our driveway.  HUGE.  This big fir had 3 arms coming off of it's trunk.  EACH arm weighed 3200 pounds.  It was amazing watching the crane pull out one arm at a time.  I'm so thankful for men who work hard and are well-insured.  The pictures just don't do it justice.  And this crazy picture loader is leaving my pictures turned and it's driving me crazy...so I'm not going to spend any time trying to put in a picture of the flying tree.  Sorry you missed it.

And, all thanks to the Creator of all living things, including insects though I don't understand that, Beth's insect collection is complete, graded and over.  I told her we would need to throw it out before it started stinking (code for "Mommy's going to scratch my head 'till it bleeds if I have to look at that box of bugs for one more moment!!")  Beth responded that it was totally fine to throw it out, AFTER I took a picture of it.  Can do, Bethie-Boo.  Bye-bye bugs.  Insects.  Whatever.


Now I'm off to cheer practice, hoping for a good one.  Then home to have a date night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment