Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Dessert Idea #1

I thought it would be fun to post a couple or few ideas for fun Valentine desserts.  How many will just depend on how this week goes.

(Before I start, I just noticed that this is my 200th post!  WOW!)

So, my first suggestion is my most beloved chocolate chip cookies, made into these lovely hearts!  You can use any chocolate chip cookie recipe you like, I used the Tollhouse recipe, but I used about 1/2 the white sugar that the recipe calls for.  (I know, don't judge me for that.)

Spread the dough into a 10x15 inch pan and bake for about 20-22 minutes.  Let cool, then cut into heart shapes.
 

I used a 3-inch heart cookie cutter, which gave me 12 hearts.  (And then you have all those yummy scraps to do "something" with...like quality control tasting.)



I wrapped mine up and put them in the freezer.  (Thaw cookies before adding any decorations.)  To add a little something snazzy, you can drizzled them with melted chocolate and sprinkle with red sprinkles.


You could also do red frosting, white frosting with red sprinkles....or whatever.  Just a fun way to give a little extra lovin' in the form of the most beautiful of all culinary creations:  the chocolate chip cookie.

isn't she pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment